As the week draws to a close (thank God!) and thoughts turn to the fabulousness that is the Super Bowl (go Pats!) I bet you’re starting to wonder what the heck you’re going to serve the rowdy crowd of male friends and Tom Brady ogling girlfriends who plan to congregate around your TV on the big day. Well, I’m planning to make Super Top Secret Artichoke Dip, a Baked Brie, and possibly Chicken Tikka Masala. I was leaning toward my favorite Ellie Krieger Chili recipe, but I’m still on the fence. It may end up being a game day decision. Or maybe I’ll just say screw it, order pizzas, and call it good. Either way I’ll be cheering on my favorite sexy quarterback hair plugs and all.
The internet is full of crazy, useless, cooking related stuff this week that you and I definitely don’t need but will still secretly covet and bookmark all over the place. This includes:
- Monkey Tea, which I have to admit I almost bought yesterday until I came to my senses.
- Cupcake dresses for adorable little girls with bouncy blonde curls.
- La Vie En Rose Tea which I would only buy out of guilt for not actually having seen the film.
- Slashfood linked to a website that allows you to make your own granola bars and then name them. I played with the “You Bars” website this morning and made a peanut butter, chocolate chip, and nut filled concoction. I think at that rate I’d just have to name it “Why Don’t You Just Eat a Snickers Bar.”
- In addition, they apparently make New York Style Cheesecake Hershey kisses. If you let me try one I’ll be your best friend.